HRR

Countdown to Los Alamitos County Fair Meet

Horse Racing Radar
Frisco Bash
Frisco Bash is a Staff writer for Horse Racing Radar
Thursday, September 2, 2021

The Los Alamitos County Fair Meet is only eight days away. A 10-day season that begins Friday, September 10th to Sunday, September 26th, promises to be a good one. The meet will feature five stakes races worth a combined total of $400K.


Racing will be conducted Friday-to-Sunday for the first two weeks, and ultimately wrapping up with four straight days of racing: Thursday-to-Sunday (September 23-26th). Post times are set to 1:00PM PT. 


Schedule:


Saturday 9/11:

The $75K Beverly J. Lewis Stakes — 6 furlongs, Dirt, three-year-old fillies. The first stakes event of the season. 


Sunday 9/12:

The $75K E.B. Johnson — 1 mile, Dirt, three-year-olds and upward, bred or sired in California. 


Saturday 9/18:

The $75K Capote Stakes — 6.5 furlongs, Dirt, two-year-old fillies only. 


Sunday 9/19:

The $100K Los Alamitos Special — 1 mile 1/16th, Dirt, three-year-old fillies. This is the richest stakes race offered.


Saturday 9/25:

$75K Phone Chatter Stakes — 6.5 furlongs, Dirt, two-year-old fillies only.



Thinking of attending the Los Alamitos County Fair?


Admission Costs


Grandstand admission is $3, but $2 for seniors who are 62 years and older. Access to Burgart's is $5 and Vessels Club is $10. For ticket info, visit http://losalamitos.com


Free general parking is offered. Preferred parking is $5.


For bettors, the wagering menu includes a pair of $1 Pick 4's on races 2-5, plus a Pick 4 for the final four races. 


The classic $2 Pick Six will be featured, as well as the Pick 5, a 50-cent minimum bet required, with reduced takeout rate of 14% on the first five races.


  • Pick Six will have a standard 70-30 split with 70% of the pool going to tickets with six winners; the remaining 30% going to the winners of five of six.

  • Handicapping contest scheduled for Saturday September 18th. The Los Al Racing Association will offer a cash prize and pair of berths to the 2022 National Thoroughbred Racing Association Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas. Cost to enter is $500. Of that amount, $100 will be placed in the contest prize pool, with the remaining $400 going towards a live money wagering card.

  • Tourney races include the entire Los Al card, the following wagering: win, place, show, exactas, trifectas and daily doubles.

  • Winner receives 50% of prize pool, the remaining payoffs: 20% to 2nd place, 15% to 3rd place, and 7.5% to 4th place (and 7.5% - Most Money Wagered).

  • Entries for opening day of the LACF meet will be taken Tuesday, September 7.


For a more detailed review of the tourney and Los Alamitos' announcements, read here.



Source: Los Alamitos Publicity


 Get your 125% sign-up BONUS +$50 FREE PLAY exclusively at BetUS, trusted partner of Horse Racing Radar.